
To indulge our cultural side, the hubby and I agreed a few years ago to see a ballet once a year. Last night we went to see 'Romeo and Juliet' performed by the Royal New Zealand Ballet, and Christchurch Symphony Orchestra. It was a somewhat modern take on the classic tale, but the story is so timeless it fits well with any setting. The dancing was amazing as usual, they had bought over two former dancers from the RNZB who now live in London to play the leads. It always amazes me how dancers can tell a story without words, and make it so easily understood. It also reminded me of how much I loved Baz Lurhman's movie of the story. I plan to hire it on DVD very shortly!

2 comments:
I think they toured this production a few years back as well - really really really good eh? it was the prokofiev score, not tchaikovsky?
yeah it was the prokofiev score - really fantastic! although we were sitting right at the very top of the theatre so it was a bit of a birds eye view!
Post a Comment