
Remember the soaked pancakes I made a while back? These muffins use a really similar batter. They turned out pretty good for a first attempt I thought, a light fluffy texture. They aren't very sweet, but I guess what would you expect from a recipe with no sugar in it.
Heres how I made them (from the Nourishing Traditions cookbook):
- Soaked 3 cups wholewheat flour in 2 cups of kefir for 24 hours
Then added : - 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- about 1/4 cup melted butter
- about 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few shakes of cinnamon and a handful of sultanas
Mixed it all up, put in muffin pans and cooked at about 160 for 30minutes.

3 comments:
thanks for recipe. Does the kefir have to be of any sort eg unpasteurised?
I just used my own homemade kefir, which I made from unpasteurized milk. But any kind would be ok. I think the recipe would probably work using runny plain yogurt as well.
if you don't have kefir and don't mind dairy-free muffins, just soak the flour in combo of water & a tbspn of freshly squeezed lemon juice instead. When you add the remaining ingredients, omit the milk.
Post a Comment